Please Let Me Hear From You

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. I love paper crafting -
and Stampin' Up! products in particular -
and became an independent Stampin' Up!®™ demonstrator early in 2025.
I'd love to be YOUR demonstrator as you buy your Stampin' Up! products.
Full disclosure: I get a small commission on purchases made
using Stampin' Up! links from this website, but this in no way affects your price.
It just serves to help support this blog. Thank you in advance for that support!

Enjoy browsing my blog, and I'd love to hear from you.
It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day.

NOTE: All Stampin' Up! Images © 1990–2026 Stampin’ Up!®

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Exploring Nature Part 2

Today is the second of the two-part look at the Exploring Nature Scrapbooking Workshop Kit from Stampin' Up!  Last time I showed the kit and how I adapted the first layout.  This time, I've got the last two layouts.  You can see the video showing how I made them & the changes I made here:


Both finished layouts are shown below.  On the last one, I changed a layout that had 6 photos on it, to one that had 16 or more - depending on how you're counting!  And one of those was a panorama photo!

Finished Layout #2: 

A Closer Look - LEFT PAGE: 

One of the big changes I made to this layout was to swap out the patterned paper with writing on it, for a piece of Secret Sea cardstock.   As you may recall, I had already used it on the first layout and had thought I'd use the Pretty Peacock paper here, but when it came down to it, I liked the blue cardstock better with my photos.  Fortunately, I had purchased the coordinating cardstock pack that coordinates with this kit, so it was readily available.

I added a 1/4" strip of the Pecan Pie cardstock to cover the join between the piece of Cloud Cover patterned paper and the Crumb Cake piece.  I also added a strip of the Pecan Pie cardstock to the left edge of the photo strip, and used it to die cut my title and some embellishments.  I didn't worry about using the Pecan Pie cardstock for this, because I had already decided I didn't want to use it to mat all the photos on the last layout in this kit.  You'll notice that I placed the title here on the lower portion of the page instead of where they had it.

I decided I wouldn't use the journaling block they provided because I wanted to print more journaling than would fit on that.  Rather than save it for a future layout, I decided to use it to mat my picture of the picture of the plaque with the name of the building.  I also took the banner piece they provided and used it for a template to cut one from Secret Sea, because I thought that would go with these pictures better.  I also didn't add the large white mat behind the center picture.  I left off most of their embellishments, because they will go better with future projects than with this one.

A Closer look - RIGHT PAGE: 

 

The base of this page is the same as theirs, but I used my die cut embellishments and added this journaling block.  As you can see, I matted both the journaling block and the focal photo with Pecan Pie cardstock.  I replaced the small strip of patterned paper they had on the right of the blue photo strip with one of those die cut embellishments, and I moved the focal photo and journaling block off that photo strip.  It's a much more simple layout than their original, but I think it showcases the photos well and I'll easily make use of .the other embellishments on future layouts.

Finished Layout #3:

A Closer Look - LEFT PAGE: 

 

This time, though the background of the page is essentially the same, I took the liberty of changing their four-picture grid with some portrait photos, into a nine-picture grid of square photos.  I just had these photos with a white border rather than mat them on Pecan Pie cardstock.  I fussy cut pieces of photos, matted them on white, and fussy cut again, to create more personalized embellishments to go with the trees I got from the kit.  The title was also a blown up printed portion of the picture of the park sign.

A Closer look - RIGHT PAGE:  

The right page has a 4 picture grid using landscape photos - matted on the light side of the Pecan Pie cardstock.  I added a panorama photo near the bottom, and my printed journaling block with a few embellishments from the kit (see video for how I printed onto that journaling piece).   You can see I've moved where I put the trees, too.  I don't think the page looks crowded, but between this page and the previous page, I've got more than 16 photos represented instead of the 6 they had!

Flip Flap Open: 


Here you can see what it looks like with the flip flap open.

I hope you enjoyed these projects today.  I am an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, and I would love to have you choose me (Cheryl Manley) as YOUR demonstrator when purchasing from Stampin' Up! I will receive a small commission on such a purchase, but it will not affect the price you pay.  It simply helps me continue to create these blog posts.

#stampinup #stampinupdemonstrator #scrapbooking #memorykeeping

No comments: