Please Let Me Hear From You

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. I love paper crafting -
and Stampin' Up! products in particular -
and became an independent Stampin' Up!®™ demonstrator early in 2025.
I'd love to be YOUR demonstrator as you buy your Stampin' Up! products.
Full disclosure: I get a small commission on purchases made
using Stampin' Up! links from this website, but this in no way affects your price.
It just serves to help support this blog. Thank you in advance for that support!

Enjoy browsing my blog, and I'd love to hear from you.
It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day.

NOTE: All Stampin' Up! Images © 1990–2026 Stampin’ Up!®

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Banded Fold Back & Double Decker Fold Back

Today I have two special Fold Back cards that I made for class - and then a bonus fold back card.  The first is called a Banded Fold Back, and the second is a Double Decker Fold Back.  I first saw the second one on Susan Campfield's website.  She called it something else - perhaps a double decker pop up?  I don't remember for sure.  Mine is quite similar but probably not identical since I didn't actually look at how she made it.

Anyway, both of these cards start with a basic fold back card and then add in some fun.  Simply take a standard 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card base and score & fold it in half at 4 1/4" as normal.  Then score the card front in half at 2 1/8" and fold the card front back along that fold line.  This forms your basic fold back card.  You can see the cards below to see how the banded fold back and double decker fold back take it from there.

I used papers from the gorgeous Moonlit Flora paper collection from Stampin' Up!  To watch how I made these check out the video below.

Here's a quick overview with photos.

Card #1 - Banded Fold Back -  

To make the banded fold back card, start with a fold back card (see above).  Then create a band the same size as your fold back card base except that it is shorter - perhaps 1 3/4" tall instead of 5 1/2" like your card.  Fold and score your band the same way you did for the Fold Back Card base.  Then flip it over so that the folds are inverted with the short sections on the right side.  Decorate your card, then glue the band to the inside of the card and the outer flap of the fold back - see next picture:

 

I used Golden Glow cardstock and Golden Glow ink to go with the patterned paper pieces I chose to use in decorating this card.  The inside sentiment was created using a favorite older Stampin' Up! bundle called Mixed Labels.  The "just because" was made using a triple set of word dies from the Words of Beauty bundle.  The ribbon bow is from my stash - an older one called Mossy Meadow & Gold ribbon.

Card #2 - Double Decker Fold Back


This next card actually uses one of the same papers as I used on the previous card - just the other side of it.  This time I used Peaceful Pine ink and Peaceful Pine cardstock in addition to the patterned paper and Basic White.

Again this card starts as a basic fold back card.  Then it uses a pop-up mechanism to hold a second panel behind the first.  It pops up as you open the card.

 

Bonus Card:

This time I made a basic fold back that started with a card base that was 4 1/4" x 11".  With the cardstock horizontal, I scored at 5 1/2" and again at 2 3/4".  

I used Mossy Meadow cardstock to mat my floral patterned paper pieces (again from Moonlit Flora), adding a band of Berry Burst Shiny ribbon to the left side.

I cut a piece of white cardstock using a die from Textured Notes, then stamped flowers & a sentiment to create my focal.  I used Berry Burst, Old Olive, and Golden Glow inks with stamps from the discontinued Impressions Abloom stamp set.  A bow from the same Berry Burst ribbon completes the card.

 

No comments: