Please Let Me Hear From You

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. I love paper crafting -
and Stampin' Up! products in particular -
and became an independent Stampin' Up!®™ demonstrator early in 2025.
I'd love to be YOUR demonstrator as you buy your Stampin' Up! products.
Full disclosure: I get a small commission on purchases made
using Stampin' Up! links from this website, but this in no way affects your price.
It just serves to help support this blog. Thank you in advance for that support!

Enjoy browsing my blog, and I'd love to hear from you.
It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day.

NOTE: All Stampin' Up! Images © 1990–2026 Stampin’ Up!®

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

More Fold-Backs

 

Today I have two more Fold-Back styles - a Banded Fold-Back Focal, and a Double Fold Back - both made from a set of papers called Floral Delight.  At the end of this post, I'll add a bonus basic Fold-Back card using these papers.

To see how I made these first two cards, check out the video below:


See each card below.

 Card #1 - Banded Fold-Back Focal

This card is made in a very similar way to the standard Banded Fold-Back except that the dimensions of the band differ and the front of the band is the card focal.  Here is what it looks like when opened.


The base card was a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of white cardstock - scored in half at 5 1/2" and then the front in half at 2 3/4".   Fold as mountain, then valley.  For the focal band, I started with a 2 3/4" x 10" piece of white cardstock - scored at 4 3/4" and again at 7 1/2" - before folding as mountain and then valley.  Decorate each piece before gluing band to card base.  I used stamps from: The Right Words, Relaxing Waterside, Notes & Totes, Painted Lavender, and dies from the Wanted to Say set. 

 

Card #2: Double Fold-Back (also known as Accordion Fold) 

This time there is no band - just two fold-back sections.  It opens as you can see below.

I again started with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of white cardstock - scored at 2 3/4", 4 1/4", 7 1/4", and 8 1/2".  Then I folded it as: mountain, valley, mountain, and valley.  

The focal panel was 4" x 4" - left side of it glued to the first fold-back of the card.  2nd panel is 5" x 2 11/16".  Next comes a narrow 1/4" strip, then a 1 1/2" x 4" embossed piece. 

I used a stamp from the Notes and Totes set with Old Olive inks and cardstock. 

Additional Card: Basic Fold-Back

 

This is just a basic fold-back card, which opens as below.


This card started as a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card base - scored at 4 1/4" and at 2 1/8".  I created the focal using Painted Lavender stamps, fine line markers to add branches, and sentiment stamp from the Relaxing Waterside stamp set.  Inks used were Daffodil Delight and Peach Pie, with Peach Pie cardstock.

No comments: