Today I continue the “Christmas in July” theme with a couple more Christmas cards. I’ll be demonstrating two more types of aperture cards, and a stamping technique called “Emboss Resist”.
You, of course, can use anything in your stash to create this type of cards, but this is what I used:
INK: Secret Sea & VersaMark
ADHESIVES: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear & Tape, and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
TOOLS: Small Blending Brush, Paper Trimmer, Detail Scissors, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, and Cut and Emboss Machine.
PAPER/CARDSTOCK: Basic White cardstock, Secret Sea cardstock, Silver Foil Sheets (can be substituted for Glimmer paper I used), and Peaceful Garden DSP set of 12 x 12 papers (currently on a last chance sale).
STAMPS & DIES: 2 older die sets - Textured Notes (a set of rectangle dies) & Wanted to Say (a set of sentiment dies), an older stamp & die bundle called Snowflake Kisses (the new Dreamy Snowflakes Hybrid Embossing Folder that is coming out in September will come with great snowflake dies that could be used in its place), and a discontinued stamp set called Peaceful Days (for doves).
I also used the following from my stash: black Sharpie marker, a bit of silver trim, and some clear sequins
You can watch a "how to" video here:
Card #1: Double Die Cut Aperture
This card is a double die cut aperture card - one in the upper left corner and one in the lower right - simply die cut through the card front. Silver die cuts glued to the inside of the card are seen through the apertures, while additional snowflakes, a diagonal ribbon border, and a stamped sentiment completed the card front. Here's a picture of the inside:
Card #2: Emboss Resist & Aperture with Inside Foldback
This card is essentially made of two card blanks. The outer one of dark blue (Secret Sea), and the inner one created as a fold back card cut slightly smaller (start with card blank that is 8" x 5 1/4") and rotated so the fold back is on the right side. The card front has a die cut aperture. The die cut removed from the card front is glued in place on the inside - glued JUST to the fold back (right side). Patterned paper is glued to the lower part of the card front and to the inside die cut, with the emboss resist doves glued to that. A die cut sentiment is centered on the lower central panel. Clear rows of sequins above and below the aperture complete this card. Here are a couple of pictures of what this card looks like when opened:
I hope you've enjoyed these projects. I am an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, and I would love to have you choose me (Cheryl Manley) as YOUR demonstrator when purchasing from Stampin' Up! I will receive a small commission on such a purchase, but it will not affect the price you pay. As a thank you for your purchase, your first purchase each month will qualify you to receive a pdf of that month’s class – e-mailed to the e-mail address you list when ordering from Stampin’ Up! (unless you’ve marked that you don’t want to be contacted). Please note that all Stampin' Up! images are ©Stampin' Up!
#cardmaking #cuttingdies #stampinupdemonstrator #stampinup
No comments:
Post a Comment