Today I have FOUR double-page layouts, made really quickly because I used a scrapbooking workshop kit from Stampin' Up! (as always all of their images are copyright Stampin' Up!) - one called Turtle-y Sweet Scrapbooking Workshop Kit. This time, I'm showing how you can take a kit that is all about cartoon turtles and use it for more "grown up" subjects. Check out my video:
The original layout had a turtle on this page - which I left off - and the title which said "Turtle-y Sweet". I cut out the word "Turtle-y" and just left the word "Sweet". When building the page, I gutted the papers where they wouldn't be seen, knowing I would want them for at least one more layout. I added a few pieces that weren't a part of the original layout. The two brown pieces were leftovers from another scrapbooking workshop kit that I already used (the Weekend Adventures kit). The strip of red in the upper right corner was just a scrap of cardstock that I added. There had been a red subtitle that said "Too Cute" in the original layout, but I didn't think it worked for this page, so moved the bird to it's place and colored it red to create another spot of red on the page. The pocket watch is near where it had been in the layout, but the binoculars were moved from the lower right corner.
This page is quite similar to the original layout. There had been a turtle as part of the sign post and I removed it by fussy cutting, glued it to a white cardstock piece and then fussy cut a white border. I also added a red mat to the journaling circle. The lower photo was put in a flip flap (the white tab at the top of the photo is the backing paper for that adhesive that will add the flip flap to the page protector. This allowed me to add more photos - as you can see in this next page.
Layout #2:
You'll see I actually included a turtle on this layout - though not the one that was supposed to be there according to the original layout plan.
This first page was actually the 2nd page in the layout - I flipped the two. I also added a bunch more red. I added red strips top and bottom - and matted the photo on both yellow and red. The layout called for a turtle with a palm tree. It was quite a bit larger than the turtle that I put on the page. Instead of leaving the turtle off, I substituted it with this one - which I thought was PERFECT for the subject matter - since they were playing with an inflatable ring and the playful nature of the layout. The photo was put in a 4 x 6 flip flap so I could add a couple more.
Here you can see the extra pictures.
And this is the 2nd page. I made several changes, starting with the fact that the lower photo is landscape rather than square. Because of that, I decided to cut the patterned paper above it so it was landscape rather than square again. I gutted the paper behind the main panel - for which I was glad, because I discovered I really wanted some of it to mat the landscape photo. I again added red - a strip along the bottom border as well as matting for the top section of photos as you can see. Several of the intended embellishments didn't really fit, so I looked to the Waterside Retreat papers & Relaxing Waterside bundle.
Layout #3:
Even though this layout was about a child, the turtles really didn't go with this party theme.
This layout is pretty similar to the original, but I DID make some changes. I didn't add the turtle, so I moved the title a bit to compensate. I added a red mat for my focal and nudged the photos to the right a bit, and left of the word "celebrate".
Again I made minor changes. The most important one being that I replaced one of the portrait photos with a landscape one that I slipped behind the other. I added the word "CELEBRATE" and the "TOO CUTE" that I left off the first layout.
Layout #4:
I had extra photos I wanted to use, so created this double page layout using a sketch for the Creative Design Team sketchbook that I purchased.
The top two sets of circles were cut from the leftover papers I saved from the Turtle-y Sweet kit. Looking at the photos, I realized I wanted more blue in the layout, so I found a couple of Blueberry Bushel colored papers in my stash and used those for the largest circles. I felt the photos needed a wider border against that busy background, and chose a Cherry Cobbler cardstock to mat them all. I didn't have cutting dies the size I wanted for the title, so I created the title on my computer, printed it, and fussy cut it. For embellishments, I created trees using the Frosted Forest decorative masks and dies. The "stones" were die cut from gray granite and inked with the same color using dies from the Otterly Amazing set.














No comments:
Post a Comment