Please Let Me Hear From You

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. I love paper crafting -
and Stampin' Up! products in particular -
and became an independent Stampin' Up!®™ demonstrator early in 2025.
I'd love to be YOUR demonstrator as you buy your Stampin' Up! products.
Full disclosure: I get a small commission on purchases made
using Stampin' Up! links from this website, but this in no way affects your price.
It just serves to help support this blog. Thank you in advance for that support!

Enjoy browsing my blog, and I'd love to hear from you.
It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day.

NOTE: All Stampin' Up! Images © 1990–2026 Stampin’ Up!®

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Keyhole Aperture & Pop Through Circle with Latch

 

Today I've got a couple of unique aperture card.  I call the first a Keyhole Aperture, and the 2nd a Pop Through Circle with Latch (I first saw this latter style some time back in a video by Karen Titus of Stamping on the Back Porch).   

The patterned papers used for these cards are from the Garden Poetry designer series papers (DSP) - which are currently on a last chance sale.  I also used a bit of the gorgeous Garden Textures specialty foil sheets for the 2nd card - also on the last chance sale.  

I also used the Sweet Words and Labels die set.  I had overlooked this set of dies initially, because it came with the Silly Old Bear suite - a Winnie the Pooh set - which I wasn't that interested in.  But it is a WONDERFUL set of die cut shapes for any paper crafting - and has some great acorn and oak leaves dies as well.  Those will be great for Fall cards!  I'm SO glad I took a second look - and I recommend you consider them as well. 

Here's a video of how I made them:


And now for a closer look. 

Card #1 - Keyhole Aperture:

Above you see the card with the "keyhole" covered with a die cut slightly larger than the keyhole itself that serves as a mat for the patterned paper piece that was cut from the center of the main aperture.  The mat was die cut from Berry Burst cardstock. The ribbon loop (Berry Burst 1/4" Shiny ribbon) is sandwiched between the patterned paper and the mat.  The keyhole cover is attached to the larger piece of patterned paper with a brad. 

In the picture above, the cover has been rotated out of the way to show the message through the "keyhole".


Here's what the card looks like when opened.  The inside sentiment used the piece cut from the card front - again matted on a die cut piece of Berry Burst cardstock.

Card #2: Pop Through Circle with Latch

I used slightly different dimensions than that mentioned in my 4 1/4" x 11" fun fold card listing.  I started with the same size card, but first trimmed 1/4" off (to use for the border the sentiment sits on).  Then I scored it at 2" and at 6 1/2".  

I used two pieces of patterned paper - one 4" x 6" and one 2" square.  The square one had a 1 3/4" scalloped circle punched from it. The patterned paper was cut into 3 4" wide pieces - one was 4" square, one was 1 3/4" x 4" and one was 1/4" x 4".  I inked the edges of all patterned paper pieces.  The 1/4" one goes to the top of the inside and the 4" one to the lower section of the inside.  I used an embossed 4" square piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock for the outside lower section of the card front.  I punched a 2" circle from white cardstock and glued the scalloped circle to it.  The final piece of patterned paper is centered on the upper outer flap.  I used the 2" punch, centered over the top fold toward the right side to create the hole that the circle pops through.  Then the lower part of the circle was glued to the panel that had the dark green cardstock - making sure it fit properly when the card was closed (see above picture).

As you can see, I added a sentiment and some butterflies die cut from that lovely foil sheet. 

In this next picture (above) you see the card partially opened, and in the picture below you see it all the way open.

No comments: